Google Picasa is one of the best photo management applications available for Ubuntu.
The current release is version 3 beta which offers many usefull features like
- Syncing your Picasa 3 and Picasa Web Albums edits
- Retouching images
- Adding text or watermarks to pictures
- easy uploading to your picasa albums
- Now Google Picasa for Ubuntu is not a native linux application but runs on Ubuntu with wine which allows many windows application to run flawlessly on Linux.
To install Picasa on Ubuntu get the lastest version here
- Linux system with x86-compatible processor
- Glibc 2.3.2 or greater, and a working X11 display system
- 256MB RAM
- 100MB available hard disk space
- Desktop Integration features require a current version of Gnome or KDE.
- Downloading from Picasa Web Albums requires a Mozilla-based browser like Firefox.
305 total views, 1 views today